Before: BER C2
After: BER A3
The challenge: Two storey built in 1998 partial fill cavity walls, minimal attic insulation and double-glazed windows and doors. Heating is via a regular oil boiler with an open fire in the living room. House is cold and draughty.
Client Requirements: To make the house warm and comfortable by reducing the heat loss and improving the heat efficiency.
- Works Completion
- Passive uPVC triple glazed windows and doors.
- Full fill cavity wall insulation.
- Attic insulation upgrade.
- Air to Water Heat Pump with time and temperature control.
- Replacement of microbore pipework and Installation of new pipework to radiators on ground floor
- Rads upsized to match heat loss
- 200 litre factory insulated hot water cylinder.
- 2 x wood burning inset stoves.
- Demand Controlled Ventilation System
- Air tightness improved to < 5 m3/(h*m2 surface area)
- Pressurised Water System