Before: BER G
After: BER A2
The challenge: Bungalow built in 1983 partial fill cavity walls, minimal attic insulation and single glazed windows and doors. Heating is via an oil range cooker boiler with an open fire in the living room. House is cold and draughty.
Client Requirements: To make the house warm and comfortable by reducing the heat loss and improving the heat efficiency within the specified budget.
- Specification, Grant Coordination and Works Completion
- Future Proof uPVC windows and doors.
- Full fill cavity wall insulation.
- Attic insulation upgrade.
- Air to Water Heat Pump with time and temperature control.
- Installation of new pipework to radiators
- Rads upsized to match heat loss
- Replumb and all new hot/cold pipework
- 200 litre factory insulated hot water cylinder.
- Unused chimney permanently sealed.
- Air tightness improved to < 5 m3/(h*m2 surface area)
- 2kW Solar PV System